5 Family-Friendly Camping Destinations Near Houston
By: The Kid’s Directory Family Resource Guide – Houston
June 2023 on www.kids-houston.com
Texas has some amazing camping destinations for families to enjoy the great outdoors. You can spend the day hiking, walking nature trails, fishing, boating, kayaking, bird watching, and nature programs…. Then spend the nights in front of the campfire making S’mores and telling stories. The limitless adventures for the whole family will create memories that will last a lifetime.
In this blog post, we will share 5 family-friendly camping destinations near Houston.
1. Brazos Bend State Park: Located about 45 minutes southwest of downtown Houston, Brazos Bend State Park is a popular choice for family camping. It features picturesque lakes, nature trails, and a variety of wildlife. The park offers tent and RV camping facilities, as well as amenities like restrooms, showers, and picnic areas.
2. Lake Houston Wilderness Park: Situated about 30 miles northeast of downtown Houston, Lake Houston Wilderness Park is a 4,786-acre park with numerous camping opportunities. It offers tent and RV camping, as well as cabins for rent. The park has several hiking and biking trails, fishing spots, and even a nature center.
3. Huntsville State Park: Located around 70 miles north of Houston, Huntsville State Park is a scenic retreat perfect for family camping. It offers a variety of camping options, including tent camping, RV sites, and screened shelters. The park has a beautiful lake for fishing and boating, as well as hiking trails and nature programs.
4. Stephen F. Austin State Park: Situated about 45 miles west of downtown Houston, Stephen F. Austin State Park is a peaceful camping destination for families. The park provides campsites for tents and RVs, as well as screened shelters. Families can enjoy hiking, fishing, picnicking, and wildlife viewing in this serene park.
5. Village Creek State Park: Although a bit farther away from Houston (about 100 miles east), Village Creek State Park is worth the drive for a family camping adventure. The park offers campsites with water and electric hookups, as well as tent camping areas. It boasts scenic trails, a creek for paddling, and opportunities for birdwatching and wildlife spotting.
These camping destinations near Houston offer countless outdoor activities and amenities for the whole family, ensuring countless memorable camping experiences.
Be sure to check availability and make reservations in advance for any of these camping destinations, especially during peak seasons.
The Kid’s Directory is Houston & the surrounding areas most respected trusted family resource guide that can ease your life. It covers all the different activities available for families with children of all ages. Ranging from activities, spring/summer & winter camps, academics, pediatricians, dentists, therapy, events to sports, other cognitive activities and more.
© The Kid’s Directory. Accessing this content you agree to our disclaimer/terms & conditions.
VIEW OUR SEPTEMBER 2023 ISSUE
SEPTEMBER ISSUE FEATURES:
Back to School & Field Trip Guide
Past monthly editions are available in the archive.