Advertising Work From Home Sales Representative
Operating under the same ownership for 29 years, The Kid’s Directory has published a monthly family resource guide that covers all of Houston and the surrounding areas. We are immensely proud of our strong history of customer loyalty and retention and we look forward to maintaining that for years to come.
This position is for ad sales. The focus will be on building relationships and creating loyalty with customers by providing excellent customer service and support.
- A Go-Getter
- Absolute commitment to customer service mentality
- Honest, ethical, and responsible
- Strong organizational skills and excellent time management
REQUIRED SKILLS DESIRED:
- 2+ years of professional experience with business-to-business sales
- Experience with creating and maintaining strong customer relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with customers, prospects, and team members
- Strong computer and technical skills, including but not limited to:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Google Email
- Experience in Act!™, a contact/customer management program, is a plus
Customer Development, Management, and Growth
- Cold calling prospects
- Warm lead calling from our substantial database
- Meeting with potential business prospects on occasion
- Receiving calls, providing customer service, creating ad proposals, and completing paperwork for new customers
- Management of advertisers to create relationships to ensure repeat sales and growth of accounts
- Generation of sales paperwork for advertising, collection of payments, ad insertions paperwork, and customer ad approvals
- Responsible for assisting customers with ad designs and marketing ideas
- Assist with laying out, reviewing, and editing of each monthly publication
Promotions and Trade Advertising
- Participate in the organization and event set- up of various promotional events The Kid’s Directory is involved with annually
- Responsible for handling all trade advertising proposals, ticket distribution, execution of trade account, and follow up
- Assist in daily operations of the company and office as needed including handling information calls
- Working with the graphics department to initiate various programs on our website, calendar of events, and the development of special programs as needed
This position is paid hourly plus an aggressive on-going commission. The selected candidate is expected to increase his/her total compensation at a rapid pace.
Benefits include: Health Insurance, Dental and Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation Time, and Discretionary Bonuses.
Distribution is key to the success of The Kid’s Directory during it’s 29 years in business under one ownership.
We hire individuals on a contract basis to distribute books the first week of each month. Books are received around the 1st of the month and distribution must be completed within 3 days of receipt. Distribution must also be done during the week and during the day. There are retail points and doctor’s offices on each route and they are only open at certain times of the day. The distributor needs to be available to do distribution during these business hours.
If you are interested in a distributor position, please submit your resume through the form above. Your information will be kept confidential and when a distributor position becomes available you may be contacted.
Now in our 29th year of publication, The Kid’s Directory has earned its reputation as Houston’s most respected and trusted family publication. Serving all of Houston from Huntsville to the north, beyond Katy in the west, to Bay City in the southwest, Galveston to the south and La Porte to the east through 3 different area based publications, The Kid’s Directory offers coverage like no other marketing source. With a monthly circulation of over 100,000 and a distribution network that includes over 5,500 different points of distribution, The Kid’s Directory covers its market with an exceptional degree of saturation and finesse.
Our advertisers are amongst the most trusted and well established providers of family services in the Houston area. Schools, enrichment programs of all kinds (academic, language programs, cognitive development, all variety of sports programs, etc.), medical services, birthday party planners, nanny services, and camp programs amongst dozens of other categories can be found within the pages of The Kid’s Directory. The breadth of our coverage of all things that relate to the needs of Houston families is without peer.