7509 Broadway, Galveston, TX 77554
One-of-a-kind Aquatic Adventure Summer Camp
Experience Sea Star Base Galveston’s thrilling, one-of-a-kind, action-packed, and adventure-filled Aquatic Adventure Summer Camp and have the BEST SUMMER EVER!
Participants are submerged in a week of marine and aquatic-based activities, such as sailing, fishing, kayaking, paddle sports, introduction to S.C.U.B.A., oceanography, and more! Our campers create ever-lasting memories, build community and learn how to master their crafts on the waterways of Offatts Bayou and Galveston Bay!
CAMPS ARE OFFERED JUNE 3RD THROUGH AUGUST 10TH, 2019.
Overnight and Day Camps are available!
For Ages 11 to 17
- Water Safety Skills: Learn how to thrive and survive on the ocean! Build your confidence in being able to identify and prevent potential hazards on the water.
- Dinghy Small Boat Sailing: The FULL sailing experience! Learn the intricate parts of a sailboat, points of sail, sail trim, and how to right a sailboat before exploring the adventuresome waters of Offatts Bayou!
- Sonar Keelboat Sailing: Rig a 23’ racing sloop, practice steering, and trim the sails before competing in an exhilarating regatta on Offatts Bayou in this action-packed adventure!
- Hooked on Fishing: Get ready to fish in the hidden treasure of Offatts Bayou and learn all the catching know-hows! Have fun while learning the basics of fishing and our local ecology.
- Ultimate Kayaking: The ultimate kayaking adventure! Learn the fundamentals, participate in rescue and safety activities, treasure hunt for trash in our Adopt a Beach program, and explore the local waters!
- S.T.E.M. 2 STERN Baysmart Trip: Get on board the M/V Baysmart Express for an enlightening cruise through the local waterways. Shore birds, Ships, and Sailors! Tugs, Tankers, and Trawlers! Pelicans, Pirates, and Plankton! Oh My!
- Paddle Sports: Campers can show off their skills in the canoes, row-row-row the boats, and hang ten on the paddle boards!
- Intro to S.C.U.B.A.: Learn about S.C.U.B.A. diving! Certified dive instructors will teach campers about the gear, the science of S.C.U.B.A., and how to breathe underwater.
- Oceanography: Explore the different branches of Oceanography and gain a better understanding of how the ocean waters affect the animals, plants, and land that they touch.
REGISTER TODAY: ssbgalveston.org/camps